Saturday, October 01, 2005

I love Alberta beef!

For those of you who aren't from Alberta, there's a ubiquitous bumper sticker around the province that says "I love Alberta beef", all in pictures. I love Alberta beef too, although I don't advertise it on my bumper (not that I have a bumper to advertise on, but even if I did, I wouldn't put a sticker on it.) Anyway, a funny little incident happened the other day that gave me one more reason to love Alberta beef.

Caroline went to the store and bought a package of chicken breasts for ten bucks. Ten bucks! I thought the only place you could find ten dollar breasts was... um, anyway... the next day she went and bought a comparable package of beef. Two bucks. Just a little reminder of which meat rules around here. And if I even needed to defend my propensity for red meat, there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home