Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Not a backpacker

I've learned a lot about myself while travelling over the past several weeks (that's the great thing about travelling, isn't it?), and the one thing that really stands out to me is that I'm not a backpacker. This has been a bit hard for me to admit, since I fancied myself as slightly adventurous, and really thought I fit in to the backpacker.

Now I realize that I am a traveller, but I don't get off on drinking my face off all night, then slumming it in some dirty flophouse until the next afternoon. I don't have dreadlocks, and I don't sit around with other travellers pontificating on why America sucks. And I really don't find any glory in sleeping in places that cost the same as a Big Mac meal back home. I like clean sheets, proper beds, and good food. Horror of horrors, I think I'm getting older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home