Saturday, August 27, 2005

There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Words cannot possibly begin to express how good it is to be home. When we landed in San Francisco on the way home, I practically started to cry tears of joy. And San Francisco isn't even my home, but it was close enough. We walked through the airport, thoroughly impressed with the universal politeness: Please, Thank you, Go ahead... And we ate the most amazing deli sandwich, stacked high with smoked turkey. Delicious!

When we finally arrived in Calgary (after exactly 24 hours of travelling), I wanted to kiss the ground and hug the first pickup truck I saw. We flew right over the Rockies (which I like to refer to as "my" mountains) and into the city. The sky here is so big, and so blue. The sunrises and sunsets are stunning, like a pink and orange watercolor. My first two meals were Alberta beef. Yesterday I slept in a soft bed, AND had a hot shower. There truly is no place like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home