Friday, September 08, 2006

Rescue Dawn

The summer of 2005 as Caroline and I were bumming around Thailand, I was an extra in a Werner Herzog film called Rescue Dawn. The filming was taking place on an aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Thailand, and Christian Bale was to play the lead, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Besides, it sounded like a nice reprieve from wandering up and down Khao San Road, eating 40-baht pad thai, and fending off agressive shopkeepers and Thai lady-boys.

The filming went well (I played a U.S. soldier circa 1966), and we got our free lunch, twenty bucks, and a chance to chat with Christian Bale. The day we filmed was the very first day of filming, so I didn't know when the movie would come out. I check IMDb every once in a while, but it always says the same thing: this movie is classified as being in production...

Then today I had a breakthrough! It turns out that the film is being premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). And furthermore, it was picked up by MGM. It looks like it will be coming out in December, so check it out (and pay really close attention to the last scene of the movie!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home