Saturday, February 11, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

On Thursday night Caroline and I went to see the highly acclaimed, controversial gay cowboy movie, Brokeback Mountain. I was curious to see what the fuss was all about and the movie was all shot around Calgary, so I thought I'd check it out for the gorgeous scenery in my back yard.

I know that volumes have already been written about the movie, and I don't have much to add in the way of the movie's themes, etc. But I will say that Brokeback is one of the single most heartbreaking movies I've ever seen. The character's lives were messy, but at the end of it all I found myself silently and deeply moved. I'm no expert when it comes to picking Oscar winners, but I'll be very surprised if this film doesn't run away with the awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home