Monday, August 14, 2006

Korean Festival

Now that I've been gone from Korea for over a year, I can dabble in some of the better parts of Korean culture without suffering some kind of psychological trauma. This past weekend we decided to go all out and check out the Korean festival being held here in Calgary. The best part about it was that I could go and immerse myself in all things Korean for as long as I wanted, then I could get in my car and drive home. Some of the other highlights included:
  • lots of galbi and duk-boki (although the prices weren't nearly as good as in Korea)
  • a traditional ceremony celebrating a couple's 50th wedding anniversary
  • stands selling "Be the Reds" hats and t-shirts
  • me making the vendors laugh by trying to pay with a 10,000 won bill
  • all the Koreans referring to us as "wayguks" (foreigners), even though we were both born and raised in Alberta!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home