Sunday, August 14, 2005

Faster isn't always better

After a particularly hair-raising ride across Bangkok the other night in a tuk-tuk (the young driver was popping wheelies off the line and weaving in and out of traffic at speeds that would make Michael Schumacher envious), we've settled on a new approach. We shun the young guys aggressively selling their services ("Hey mister, where you go?!") in favor of the older (read: slower) tuk-tuk drivers.

The approach seems to be working. Last night, on the way home from the weekend market, we chose an older gentleman who gave us an efficient but leisurely ride across town. It was great- Caroline and I actually had a conversation, I didn't fear for my life, and today, to my great relief, I don't have any of Caroline's fingernail marks in my forearm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home