Tuesday, August 09, 2005

An eating vacation

It turns out I'm on an eating vacation. I had been feeling more than a little deprived after living in Korea for the past year, but I'm quickly making up for lost time. Chiang Mai (pronounced "chang my") is the cultural center of Thailand, so it boasts an abundance of ethnic restaurants, many of which are surprisingly authentic. So seeing that I like food, and seeing that you can get a great meal here for under 5 bucks, we set out to eat our way around Chiang Mai. So far, we've been doing a pretty good job of it.

In the week and a half we've been here we've been for Thai, Mexican, Italian, Israeli, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Australian, and American. Not bad for ten days! I came here with the idea of seeing the world, and I guess in a way I am. I'm seeing a different country every day on the plate in front of me, and that's just the way I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home