Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Brand new smile

Welcome to Thailand where you can swim in crystal blue waters, ride elephants, and... go to the dentist? Yes, I realize that going to the dentist is probably at the bottom of the list for most people when they go to Thailand on vacation, but that's exactly what I did this week. The whole idea seems a bit sketchy, so I gladly accepted when Caroline volunteered to go first, then I followed a couple of days later.

My teeth had been feeling disgusting for the past year (I blame the red pepper paste in Korea), so I was overdue for a visit. The sign outside advertised 300 baht ($7.50 U.S.), so I couldn't really resist.

I walked into the spotless reception area, and was greeted by the dentist himself. Poor guy, he had no patients (I have no patience either, but that's another story...), so I walked right in and got into a chair immediately. The dentist also did the cleaning himself, which was a bit unusual since at home that's usually relegated to the assistants. He did a very thorough job, and 15 minutes later, voila!

Now I'm not only walking around with a slight tan, but I'm also sporting a brand new smile. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home