Sunday, August 29, 2004

Typhoon Megi

So apparently I survived Typhoon Megi, which hit Korea sometime last week. Daegu is surrounded by mountains, so it didn't hit here with much force, but apparently it was pretty bad closer to the coast. People were even killed in the flooding and whatnot. All it meant for us here is a lot of rain (it poured for a day or two straight). The strangest part was that a public service announcement came on over the loudspeakers in the street (I assume they were built to warn of any impending invasion from North Korea, but they are also useful for public service announcements). As the rain poured down outside, I could hear the message coming over the loudspeakers. The funny thing is, I couldn't understand any of it anyway, so even if it had said to evacuate, or something of the sort, I would have just stayed put. I guess ignorance is bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home