Saturday, August 07, 2004

I miss Philly

I miss Philly. I'm not exactly sure what sparked this. Since leaving I have often missed it, but this week I have been thinking about it more than usual. The other night I flipped on the tv and "Cold Case" was on (cop show set in Philadelphia in case you haven't seen it). This may have been what triggered my latest nostalgic episode. I miss walking down South Street and going for cheesesteaks ("whiz with"). I miss going to the art museum, then sitting on the steps and looking out over the city skyline as the sun goes down. I miss pretending to be a racecar driver while driving down winding Lincoln Drive. I miss seeing Boathouse Row all lit up at night, and I miss the rowers out on the Schuylkill in the early morning light. I miss discovering new places and seeing new faces, but most of all I miss my friends. So here's a shout out to all my friends in Philly. Thanks for all your emails- I miss you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home