Saturday, April 09, 2005

Brian Day

Unbeknownst to me, last Saturday was "Brian Day". I got up and went hiking to Mt. Palgongsan, the highest mountain near Daegu. The day was pleasant and warm, and getting out of the city always makes me feel better. I wandered around Donghwasa, a huge Buddhist temple complex at the base of the mountain, for a while, then headed up the mountain. The hike was great, and I spent a few quiet minutes on the peak, relaxing and enjoying the view. I also met a very kind Korean couple who I hiked down with. They were friendly and went out of their way to be nice to me. At one point, the husband called, "Are you okay, honey?" to his wife (in English), to show his kindness (and English ability). They even gave me a ride home afterwards.

I got home in the evening and there was a present on the table for me with a little note from Caroline. I carefully unwrapped the green paper, and couldn't hold back a huge grin. It was a green iPod mini, something I've been wanting for months and months! I couldn't believe it! At first I wondered if it was my birthday, or if (gasp!) I had forgotten an important occasion, like an anniversary or something. Nope, it was just Caroline being her usual wonderful self. I finally managed to pry myself away from the iPod long enough to hit the shower, and when I got out there was a delicious seafood dinner waiting on the table for me. I obviously loved the royal treatment I was getting, but even more than that I was so grateful to be with such a thoughtful, amazing person. And just when I thought married life couldn't get any better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home