Friday, January 21, 2005

Top five things I'm looking forward to in Hawaii

Today Caroline informed me that there are 34 days left until our wedding day. It makes me smile that she always knows exactly how many days are left, but she insists that it's only because our wedding webpage on theknot.com has a counter on it. Anyway, needless to say, we're really, really looking forward to our Hawaiian wedding, both for the wedding and for the vacation and the chance to spend time with our families in a beautiful place. Here are the top five things I'm looking forward to in Hawaii:

5. Having a shower in a warm bathroom
My shower in Korea has hot water, but the tile bathroom is barely insulated, which makes showers a torturously hot and cold affair.

4. Drying my clothes in a dryer with fabric softener
Nobody in Korea uses a dryer, so my clothes are always crusty when I put them on. The best will be drying off with a soft, fluffy towel.

3. Having a beautiful vacation in the middle of winter with our families
I'm ready for a break from the job, and I can't wait for the biggest decision of the day to be what to eat and which beach to go swimming at.

2. The food (!)
Caroline keeps warning me about "Survivor-itis" (starving yourself and then pigging out with rich food). I think it's a risk I'm willing to take.

1. The wedding
This day has been a long time coming, and I feel so fortunate to be with Caroline and to be celebrating our commitment to each other. I can't say enough good things about her and how much I'm looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home